Maine has a variety of benefits available to qualifying veterans and dependents in addition to those offered by the federal government. Here are a few that might be helpful:
- Maine Bureau of Veterans' Services - Primary public advocate for veterans, service members, and their families. Assists with obtaining military discharge records, connecting veterans with VA benefits and disability compensation, and maximize use of numerous programs available.
- Veteran Benefit and Resource Guide - learn more about veterans' benefits available from state, local and federal government.
- Career Center - specialized employment and training services for Veterans.
- September 2018 Maine Bureau of Veterans' Services Newsletter
- Consumer Financial Services - addresses consumer financial challenges affecting military members, veterans and their families.
- State and Federal Benefits - list of benefits available to qualifying veterans and dependents.
- The Realty Medics - Homebuying resources for Veterans
- The Mesothelioma Guide for Veterans- Veterans who develop mesothelioma as a result of their service in the military are entitled to benefits and assistance from the U.S. government.
- The Mesothelioma Fund - Offering free services for Veterans dealing with the cost of Mesothelioma treatment.
- Mesothelioma Justice Network - This website and all involved with it are dedicated to improving the overall quality of life for individuals who have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease. This comprehensive site has online educational resources to help support sick patients and their families.
- Guide to Cancer and Sleep Health - provided by Tuck Sleep - a non commercial community devoted to improving sleep hygiene, health and wellness through the creation and dissemination of comprehensive, unbiased, free web-based resources. Tuck has been referenced by Well + Good, Smithsonian Magazine, Harvard University and by many sleep organizations across the web.
Neighborhood Network is a non profit agency in partnership with York Hospital and York Housing Authority. It is a referral program allowing individuals 50 and over stay in their current home with the proper supports.
www.mainelse.org - Free confidential legal services for Maine residents age 60 or older 1-800-750-5353
www.211maine.org or dial 211 on your phone - Maine's Health & Human Services Directory - Resources for many community services and helpful information.www.mainelse.org Free Legal Help for Maine's Seniors Legal Services for the Elderly.pdf
www.seniorguidance.org - an organization dedicated to providing helpful senior living resources for the elderly. The site includes a dedicated section that provides extremely well detailed and thorough information on maine assisted living.
Click here for more information on assisted living.
www.retirementliving.com - Identity Theft Protection
This Identity Theft Protection Guide helps consumers determine the best identity theft protection service to fit their needs. The guide evaluates the best companies in the industry and answers frequently asked questions. The guide is helpful for all consumers, especially seniors and is available to use and share at no cost.
AARP - Advance Directives Free Forms by State
Consumer Affairs hs created a free HOME ALARMS resource that covers the important aspects to consider when selecting a home alarm or security system. It also breaks down the pros and cons of the major home alarm brands with verified reviews from experts and consumers. For more informationk, click on the link.
https://www.nursinghomeabusecenter.com/ - The Nursing Home Abuse Center was founded on time honored principles of restoring dignity for some of our most vulnerable and valuable citizens.
Nursing Home Abuse Center - Information
Nursing Home Abuse - Legal Questions
Elder Abuse Prevention
Elder Abuse Prevention Additional links:
A Family for ME - You can become a Foster Parent
You can be the life changing hero in a child's story
Maine State Housing Authority - Arsenic Abatement Program
College Financial Aid Guide- For incoming and current college students
- Federal Student Loans vs. Private Student Loans
- Student Loan Eligibility
- What are Private Student Loans
- Private Student Loan Interest Rates
- What is a Cosigner?
- How to Obtain Student Loans
- Paying Back Private Student Loans After Graduation
- How to Save Money
- and more!
Reviews.com is a website dedicated to conducting data driven and unbiased research about topics that can help make an impact in people's lives. They recently did a study of over 200 hours researching 17 of the most popular scholarship search platforms. Below are five links to help with your scholarship search.
Best Scholarship Platforms.
What you should know about scholarships.
How do scholarship search platforms work.
What students should know before they search for a scholarship.
Guide to applying for scholarships.
Your Stress-Free Guide to Student Loans - How to Understand and Manage College Related Debt
Financial Literacy Guides for Students and Parents
Guide to securing your childs credit future
Guide to securing your college students credit future
Did you know that you can check to see if you have any unclaimed property in your name? Find out if you have any "Missing Money" at these links.