Membership at the library allows you to borrow items from the South Berwick Public Library collection and other Maine Infonet Libraries for use at home. To apply for membership at the South Berwick Public Library please bring something to identify yourself with proof of residency. (A driver’s license and utility bill will work fine.)
Residents of South Berwick, Berwick, North Berwick, Eliot and Rollinsford may get memberships at the South Berwick Library for free as part of our Interlibrary Collaborative. Please bring photo ID and proof of residence to get a membership. Students may use a SAD 35 ID and teachers in SAD 35 may use a pay check stub. Residents of other towns may purchase a membership for a $20 annual fee for a family account.
(ID must have something including a street address. PO Box alone is not enough)
- Driver’s license or state ID
- Social Security card
- Alien Registration card
- School ID
- Food stamp card
(must have something including a street address. PO Box alone is not enough)
- Auto registration
- Printed checks/deposit slips
- Utility bill
- Cancelled mail with postmark dated within the last 30 days
- Valid hunting or fishing license
- Rent receipt, Lease, mortgage agreement or tax bill
- SAD 35 student ID
Checking Out Materials
- The loan period is 3 weeks.
- Items may be renewed once times for a total of 6 weeks unless someone is waiting.
- Late fees are 5¢ per day with a maximum of $5.00 per item.
Tuesday: 10am – 7pm
Wednesday: 10am – 7pm
Thursday: 10am – 5pm
Friday: 12pm – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm