Economic Recovery HUB Program
SMPDC Launches Economic Recovery HUB Program for Small Businesses in York & So. Oxford Counties
The Southern Maine Planning and Development Commission (SMPDC) has announced the launch of the Economic Recovery HUB Program to help small businesses in York and Southern Oxford Counties.
Working to strengthen the regional business assistance network, the Program is intended to help those businesses that suffered hardships/losses due to the pandemic but received little, if any, government financial assistance. The Program will offer Financial Assistance Grants, Technical Assistance Grants, as well as referrals for free counseling, workshops and classes.
Who Can Apply
- Nonprofits and for-profit businesses with 25 or fewer employees, located within the SMPDC service area.
- For-profits may apply for Financial Assistance Grants and Technical Assistance Grants.
- Nonprofits may apply for Technical Assistance Grants.
About Financial Assistance Grants
The goal of the SMPDC Economic Recovery Hub Financial Assistance Grant is to provide financial assistance to small businesses that were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic but received little or no government assistance up to this point. Eligible applicants may be awarded $10,000 to $20,000 in direct grant funds that can be used for commercial rent and utilities, inventory, equipment, insurance, payroll and other working capital needs.
To be eligible for a Financial Assistance Grant:
- Applicant must have opened or reopened the business between 1/1/20 and 5/11/23.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate negative impacts due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicant must have not already received substantial COVID-19 assistance grants.
To apply for a Financial Assistance Grant, please click here.
About Technical Assistance Grants
The SMPDC Economic Recovery Hub Technical Assistance Grant provides applicants with grant-funded business services including bookkeeping, social media planning and implementation, and web design.
To apply for a Technical Assistance Grant, please click here.
Deadline to Apply
The deadline to apply for Economic Recovery HUB Program Grants is Thursday, December 7, 2023.
For more information about the program, or to apply, please visit SMPDC’s website at https://smpdc.org/hubprogram.